Monday, November 10, 2008

Cold Dublin mornings

Another minor success in that I jumped out of bed at 6.30 this morning, pulled on my gear and got outta the door. Same little circuit. Only this time about 10 degrees colder than 12 hours earlier.

In the first half of 2008 I ran early mornings regularly and got used to how early things get under way in the city. In Jersey I don't think anyone sets their alarm before 8am. But well before 7 in Dublin the working day has begun. Down at Ringsend Church a bloke was already chucking builders' rubble into a skip. Along the North Quay a couple of coffee concessions were already doing a steady trade to the early starters. The Metro and Herald girls were getting into strategic positions, the easier to give away their free papers as people make their way to and from the Luas and DART, and over to the IFSC (International Financial Services Centre). There is another chill wind blowing around that place right now with the recession.

Why wouldn't I run? I'd only be messing on this laptop for those 25 minutes anyway!

No comments: